The Presto 06301 Dehydro Digital Electric Food Dehydrator offers folks quick, healthful home-dried foods at an affordable price – $40 to $60. It’s geared toward anybody that’s never used a dehydrator before or doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on a dehydrator. Many people often choose this appliance for their starter dehydrator because it’s so easy to use.
It’s got some basic, but effective features, which means you can dehydrate your fruits and vegetables without any of the chemicals and toxins that tend to come with store-bought dried foods.
If your goal is to lose weight, you’ll love this dehydrator, as it’s a worthwhile alternative to the fattening foods like cookies and cakes. It may not be the best dehydrator on the market, but it will do what you want it to do for a low price.
Some users have noted some issues with the dehydrator including the difficulty of washing trays in the dishwasher, but for the most part, there were no big issues. And, if there any issues within the first year, there’s a one-year manufacturer warranty.
What’s The Heating Distribution Like?
It’s got bottom-mounted fan and heating element, which means users will get an even heat distribution for all the trays. You won’t need to rotate the trays, allowing you to go about your daily routine while the dehydrator runs. There’s no opening and closing of the appliance, which can slow the dehydration process down.
Although the horizontal heat distribution is considered the best heating distribution system, most folks feel the dehydrator does a very good job in even heating distribution even though it’s equipped with a vertical system.
What’s The Capacity Like?
This is a fully-expandable dehydrator that can handle several trays at one time. Boxed packaging has six drying trays that go up to 12 trays at one time. Several kinds of foods can also be dried at one time without flavors mixing together. With several trays in use, you don’t have to use the machine more than once or twice a week. In fact, thanks to its 12 drying trays, you can dry food for a large group of folks.
What Are Some Other Features?
- Thanks to the Presto 06301, your foods will keep most of their natural vitamins and minerals.
- The dehydrator can also dehydrate non-edible foods such as potpourri, dried flower petals, clay picture frames, etc.
- It comes with two Mesh Screens.
- It’s equipped with two Fruit Roll Sheets.
- It has a thermostat and digital timer, ensuring the utmost drying. The temperature range is 90 to 165 degrees and allows you to set it up for 48 hours of drying time. You can turn it on at night and awake to healthy breakfasts any time you want.
- It has a transparent surface, which lets you watch the drying process without ever lifting the lid.
- The bottom-mounted fan will ensure the best possible drying for your food.
Should You Purchase The Presto 06301 Dehydro dehydrator?
If your goal is to get healthy by consuming dried foods that don’t take forever to get done and can be completed in the overnight hours, this is the dehydrator for you. It’s easy to use and has a host of features – expandable trays, digital timer, and thermostat – that makes the entire dehydration process easy.
Yes, it’s a bit noisy and washing the device can be rather difficult to do. However, but for the price you pay, it’s well worth it. Best of all, if you don’t have a lot of counter space, the Presto 06301 won’t take up a plethora of it.