The Excalibur 3926TW Food Dehydrator is loaded with features that will better your dehydrating experience. Thanks to its capacity load, it’s great for large families or when you have a large crowd visiting the home and want to offer an array of healthy batch of snacks. It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to make; it lets you do a multitude of batches at one time. This Excalibur dehydrator will ensure an easier time in the kitchen.
One of the things you’ll notice about the Excalibur 3926TW is that it’s a bit cheaper than other models, but don’t assume that its price means you don’t get a lot of features with it. It’s got an array of features that you’ll find on professional models. It offers a wide temperature range and it’s got an on/off switch that lets you partake in the benefits of drying food in the comfort of your home.
This dehydrator is often considered a worthwhile investment since it reduces the additional expenses you’d get from buying commercially dried foods – dried shrimp, fruit roll-ups, banana chips, etc. Athletes can enjoy eating the amazing protein treats the dehydrator can provide – chicken jerky, beef jerky, and fish jerky. Even children can get in on the fun with low-calorie dehydrated treats like fruit leather, banana chips, and dried fruits.
Although there are a number of benefits to the dehydrator, it does have several negative points about it.
- It has an extremely powerful fan, which means it may be unsuitable for small items such as herbs and seeds.
- It’s also a bit bulky and takes up a plethora amount of space – not ideal for people who don’t have a lot of counter space or live in a small apartment.
What’s The Heat Distribution Like?
The Excalibur 3926TW’s fan is located on the back and comes with a horizontal air flow. It’s well-known for offering an even heat distribution for all trays, saving users a lot of time and hassle in rotating trays. There’s no need to constantly open the dehydrator to check the food, which could result in heat loss and slow the dehydration process down. With the even heat distribution, it takes just hours to dehydrate your items.
What Kind Of Capacity Does The Dehydrator Have?
This dehydrator is considered a professional model, taking up about 15 square feet of drying space, leaving you with more than enough room to dehydrate whatever food you want. It has nine trays, so you dehydrate various types of food in one sitting. And, best of all, your foods’ flavors won’t mix with one another.
What Are Some Of Its Other Features
- The Excalibur 3926TW is equipped with an adjustable thermostat, with a temperature range of 105 to 165 degrees, that ensures higher accuracy. In order for meat to be dehydrated safely, it needs a higher temperature to get rid of the dangerous bacteria it contains. Herbs, on the other hand, need to be dried at a lower temperature.
- The dehydrator also has a 26-hour timer on it, meaning you can turn the machine on before you head off to work or go to bed and it’ll dehydrate your food.
- Best of all, it makes hardly any noise, so that you can turn it on in the overnight hours. Many people equate the sound to a running fan.
- It comes with a flexible polyscreen tray that ensures food doesn’t stick to the tray.
Should You Consider This For Your Dehydration Needs?
If you want real value for your money, then the Excalibur 3926TW is the dehydrator for you. It weighs 22 pounds, making it a little heavier than most dehydrator but ideal for large batches of food to be dried at one time. With its professional-grade features and well-built design, it’s geared toward people who’ve dehydrated before but don’t need an expensive, all-out machine for their dehydration needs.
There’s also a 10-year limited warranty on the appliance.